Chef Pierre’s Creperie is a must-visit when in Crystal Lake, Illinois where one enjoys his daily servings of specialty crepes. Here’s a recipe of one of his mouth-watering and delicious French-style crepes, from Suburban Woman.
Chef Pierre’s Avocado and Bacon Crepe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
light oil or butter (I’d use butter, but of course) to grease pan
8 oz bacon, cooked and chopped
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and white pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 ripe avocados, seeded and sliced
1. Mix crepe batter.
2. Cook on skillet at med/high heat.
3. Mix sour cream with chopped cooked bacon, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
4. Spread sour cream mixture on crepes.
5. Top with cheese and sliced avocado.
6. Fold crepes and bake for 10 minutes at 400 F.